What’s So Cool About Lavender
No this isn’t a blog that tells you all about lavender but we are going to start there. In my medicine cabinet, somewhere between the Band Aids and the tweezers is my trusty bottle of lavender essential oil. I also have another one in my kitchen next to the grape seed oil and a third on my night stand (OK maybe I’m a bit obsessed). Here are some of my favorite uses for what I consider to be an all around great item to keep on hand.
- Place a few drops in the palm of your hands, rub it in and then inhale. It’s very relaxing.
- Add a few drops to a hot bath, relax and inhale.
- Mix a few drops with your favorite carrier oil and apply to your skin or hair. Many people prefer almond oil but I like grapeseed because I like the way it absorbs and there is the issue of my allergy to to tree nuts.
- It works great at healing cuts and scrapes.
- Add 3 tablespoons of fresh lavender flowers (or half dried flowers) to a cup of boiling water; it makes a very relaxing tea. Add some honey, lemon or mint and get into chill out mode.
- For a headache and stress reliever, mix a few drops of lavender oil with a few drops of peppermint oil and inhale deeply. Add a carrier oil if needed because peppermint oil has some kick to it.
Well there you have it, our favorite lavender fixes, no on with the show!