Yummy Baked Chicken Tenders
I love fried chicken and here is a yummy crispy chicken tender recipe that requires no frying:
- 10 chicken
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 Cup of Bread Crumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Crushed Red Pepper (for those who like heat)
- Shallow Roasting Pan or Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Pepper or Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Tenderizing Mallet
- 2 shallow bowls
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C)
- Make sure chicken is clean and ready for cooking
- Lightly pound tenders , then season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dust with flour and remember to shake off excess.
- In a shallow bowl, beat 2 eggs, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to mixture.
- Mix bread crumbs, garlic powder and crushed red pepper (to your liking) in 2nd shallow bowl.
- Lightly dredge each tender in eggs then coat with bread crumb mixture. Place tenders on parchment covered roast pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes, turn then cook 8 additional minutes or until juices run clear. I cooked mine a bit longer of the 2nd side because I prefer a harder bite. Feel free to incorporate additional herbs and spices. This is a very versatile recipe.
These tenders will be moist, soft and oh so enjoyable.