It’s been a minute since I’ve posted but let’s just say that I took some time for reflection and relaxation. My nine-to-five life was starting to impede on my five-to-nine life and leaving me wiped out in the process. I’ve also been taking some time to educate myself on the blogging process. I was one those kids that never kept a diary. My siblings and I mastered the art of blackmail and extortion against each other at an early age (blame them, I’m the youngest). I didn’t want to write anything in a diary that could be used against me later in the court known as my parents, so I kept a lot of things inside. There’s a price to pay for holding things in; let’s just say I was nauseous a lot. Those days are long gone and there are things that I want to share and things that I am interested in learning. Lavender & Eve is where this starts, this is what Lavender & Eve is all about.
I get very excited when I look at my blog, not just for what it is now, but for what I hope it will become. I think I’m doing okay with it but, I have to be honest with myself about the mistakes I’m making along the way. The first step in fixing a problem is admitting to yourself that you have one and I admit it. I want to share these issues with you because I’m sure I’m not the only one in this situation. Who knows, maybe I will eventually be able to help someone and give advice to other bloggers. Let’s get started:
- What is my niche? My nine-to-five job involves massive multi-tasking. This is a great quality to have but when blogging, I sometimes feel like I’m all over the place. I need to reel it in and choose my path, there’s no need to try to do and say everything all at one time.
- Proofread before post: I’ll own it, there have been occasions when I’ve been so eager to hit the PUBLISH button that I don’t thoroughly proofread before hitting publish. I need to reel it in a bit and make sure that everything is correct before I publish.
- Pick a theme and a style then follow it: Selecting a theme isn’t just about the actual theme itself, it’s also about the color, font style, layout the theme offers. One of the things that first attracts me to a blog is layout and color. I know that it should be the content but it is the aesthetics of the blog that pulls me in first. If these are the things that catch my eye, I am thinking that others feel this same way, so when them shopping, these are the options that I am drawn towards.
- Please be patient with me, I’m working on this. There are so many great themes and styles to choose from that I get a bit overwhelmed, it’s like shopping for shoes and handbags.
- Stick to a posting schedule: No need to explain this it speaks for itself.
- Patience & Faith: When it’s all said and done, I need to be patient with myself and have faith that I can pull it together.
- Make friends: If I want people to follow me, I can definitely work harder and reciprocate.
There you have it my Dr. Phil moment on myself highlighting some of my biggest issues. I’m working on them because Lavender & Eve exciting for me and I can’t wait to share it with others. I humbly ask for your patience and your thoughts.
We are all a work in progress, what are your blog struggles?