Shop Wisely When Purchasing Your Designer Purse….
In this age of designer handbags, one has to know the difference between the real and really fake. Not everyone can afford the high price tags of Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chanel or any many others, but doesn’t take away the desire to own of their bags. Should you decide to purchase an item from a website or an online auction, do your research. Do not be fooled by knockoffs. The people who push these products have become more skilled at ripping folks off.
Most designers have websites that feature their current product lines. Check out the new and the classic looks that each has to offer before deciding on a purchase. High-end designer products are sold exclusively through authorized dealers. Please be careful when purchasing from any websites that are not approved by any designer. Remember these keys facts when shopping for your designer bag:
- Color and quality of the materials and constructions are true giveaways to a replica bag.
- Imitation designer bags manufacturers may skimp on leather and have a brighter colored vinyl. The same goes for the metal hardware, which is generally brighter and not as sturdy as more expensive metals.
- Check inside the bag for the name patch and stitching — cheaper stitching isn’t as clean and will be visibly shoddy.
- Look for dropped stitching, loose threads, frayed edging and other sign of poor construction.
- Designer products are sold through authorized dealers which do not include the guy in the alley with the table full of purses.
- “Price compare the item against other sources. If the one you’re considering buying is priced considerably lower than similar items on other sites, that is a red flag.” –Graham Wetzbarger, Senior Director of Authentication at The Real Real
To sum it up, shop wisely, do your research, shop from authorized dealers and remember, if it’s too good to be real, it’s probably fake.