Champagne is not just for New Year’s Eve and weddings…….
Champagne is not just for New Year’s Eve and weddings, it’s my adult beverage of choice. I keep a few bottles on hand. When most people see a bottle of champagne, they ask, “what’s the occasion?” In this day of beer pongers, Long Island Iced Tea Tipsies and Martini Mavens (I do like the tinis), I have to admit, I enjoy the bubbly.
Whether having cocktails with friends or simply because it’s Wednesday, I prefer the sparkling wines, champagne to be exact. I don’t mine the sweet ones, the Asti’s and Moscatos, but Champagne allows me to be a bit more creative. If you’re like me and you enjoy the taste of the bubbly, here are 5 fun champs ideas that I hope you enjoy.
- Make it pretty, add fresh fruit chunks and slice and throw in a few marigold or carnation petals. Marigold and Carnation petals are edible and each has their own unique flavor. Carnations are sweet so try them with a strawberry. Marigolds are a bit peppery and that may be just enough. There are no rules to this mix so experiment.
- Enjoy the classic Champagne Cocktail, add Cognac, bitters, and a dash of sugar
- A favorite of many including me, the Kir Royale, Champagne, Creme de Cassis and a twist of lime.
- These days, I enjoy a dash of Elderflower Liqueur and with and without a pinch of a flavored vodka
- Don’t just try Mimosa with Orange Juice, try Pomegranate Juice and throw in a few seeds, sugar coat the rim because this mix is a bit tart.
Don’t let the bubbles fool you, Champagne is not everyone. It looks pretty but it is still and alcoholic beverage. Please be responsible, don’t drink and drive and remember to be careful.
Edible – Defined as fit to be eaten as food, eatable