My Little Bag Oh Goodies By Mimi C.
Hi friends, there is no point in trying to delay it any longer, the holiday season is upon us and it’s time to finish up or get started on your holiday shopping. “I know, ” what to buy” is where we always get tripped up, I mean how many pairs of socks, pajamas, wallets or key chains can you give or get. You’ve thought about making gifts this year, but that takes so much time.
Listen, short of giving someone a car or diamonds or expensive champagne, what can we do as shoppers to keep the holiday experience fresh? I’ll tell you what I’m planning for this year’s gift giving season; I’m giving out “My Little Bag Oh’ Goodies”. Yes, this year I’m giving out those things that get me through the day, the week and the year. I’m sharing my favorites and I work for you as they do for me.
This doesn’t have to be an expensive venture. Choose 5 items that you love or that you’d love to give someone and creatively package them. Include a user’s guide in the bag or box and make it whimsical. If you want to know what I’m giving away, check out my list below to see some of my all time favorites.
- E. L. F.’s Contouring Kabuki Brush – I love everything about it. It’s small which makes it portable, but a full and angular brush which can handle multiple jobs. And at only $6.00, you can give these out to a few of your friends.
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water – Just shy of holy water,( aaaahhh) this product is amazing! I’ve never been one to use make-up remover lotions and liquids, but decided to give this one a try. At a great price point $6.99, notice that I’m big on saving money, this product works like the MVP( most valuable purchase) that it is. It removes dirt and make-up and leaves skin free of residue without drying. No show girl should be without it.
- Lavender Bliss – Now this might take a little time, but for those you love, it’s truly worth it. Your sleepless friends will kiss you for it. You’ll need to purchase a small (10. oz) dark-colored spray bottle. You can go simple or glam it’s up to you, as long as the bottle is dark in color. You’ll need a carrier oil and Lavender essential oil. Fill the bottle with your favorite carrier oil, grapeseed, avocado or sesame seed. Then add 15 to 20 drops of Lavender essential oil to the carrier oil and lightly shake. Spray on and massage into shoulders and neck. Also, massage into the soles of your feet and sleep like a good baby.
- Wireless headphones – This is one of the great inventions of the modern era. Going wireless was the best thing to happen to me since the birth to my son. The great thing is you’ll find these at many price points and most are compatible with today’s electronic devices.
- A framed photo – Place your favorite photo of you and your MVP (most valuable person) in a lovely frame and add it to the mix. Be as creative and ornate as you like with the frame and the message.After you’ve collected all your goodies, be sure to enclose your user’s guide in your package for your intended about all the goodies inside and let them know why the goodies will soon be their favorites too. Then wrap it, bag it, box it, whatever wrapping rings your bell.If these suggestions are not your thing, don’t fret, this is my list! The point is to create your own “bag oh goodies,” and make holiday shopping fun again!