DIY Dont’s and Video Won’ts
I love DIYs, I love cooking and sewing; these things are part of my DNA. I’ve been making my clothes, doing my own hair and making my own jewelry for longer than I am willing to admit. I wanted to be a fashion designer when many folks didn’t know what that was or what it meant (I might be giving my age away). As much as I love being the creator of all things Lavender & Eve, there are some things that I will leave to the professionals.
I’m a YouTube junkie; I just love it. They have instructional videos for almost everything and this is a great thing. For me, there are some things that I will leave to the professionals and here are five.
- Mole Removal – I have a few that I would love to bid goodbye to. I watched a few videos on how to remove moles and that was all it took for me to make an appointment with my dermatologist.
- Eyebrow Bleaching – I’ve tried this one before and I liked the results but when the black hairs started to reappear in my new honey brown brows, I decided to let it go.
- DIY Injections – I’m not sure who decided that it was okay to use same Fix-A-Flat for cars as an alternative to silicone for butt, check or lip injections, but I strongly disagree. Thank the universe that I am happy with me. If I was not, I would speak to a real doctor, not any person with a syringe.
- Crazy Dares and Challenges – I’m not eating a spoon full of cinnamon or lighting myself on fire for anyone, anytime, ever. There were stories of collapsed lungs and respiratory failures behind the cinnamon challenge. The things people will do for “up votes” on YouTube scares me.
- Dumb Ish – I’m not sure why people think its okay to commit crimes or act like donkeys and then record themselves so that they can share with the world. I love a good prank but I say it once again, I am shocked by the actions of some.
For anyone that disagrees with me, I’ll take it. Call me cautious or call me crazy but on these things, I will not budge.